Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 18 - The Long Road Home


Ten hours of driving and 95% of it Interstate. A dream realized! What is there to say about the drive back. When is coming home from a good vacation ever fun? The cherry on top for me was that I must have neglected to take my midodrine (drug that acts as a vasoconstrictor to raise my bp)when I got up and when I stopped I couldn't even stand up long enough to walk to the restrooms. But I felt better when I took my afternoon dose. I muddled through.

This trip has been completely different from the one I took in 2007. That trip was wonderful but it was a lot of exploring new places and being alone except for my blog readers. Bless you all. (In a totally non-religious way.) This trip included a lot more interaction with friends and family whom I don't see often enough. Lots of introspection and amazing revelations. For example, I used to say the words "I have to get out of Michigan" (in the winter at least), but I felt so great in Florida - as well as I been in years - that I knew I had to figure out a way to do this. That is, summer in Michigan and winter in the south. It will make me so much more fun to be around. And the attitude! No more parking lot confrontations with potential maniacs (other than me). No getting called Shaky Old Bitch. I might be able to have a relationship with a woman for more than an hour and a half. Well, you get what I'm talking about.

My goal is to publish a book this year. If I do, I hope you'll enjoy it. Thank you for reading. Adios.

P.S. The Lovely M agreed to have dinner with me. With my brand new attitude, things should be interesting. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

KPlay said...

Come on home Jim!